This Verbacom kit offers a sensibly priced car to pit communication system based on a mobile phone system so no external radios or radio licenses are required. The in car system is fully automated and operated when the driver speaks so there are no push to talk buttons to worry about. The unit weighs just 150g and is small enough to either mount directly on the helmet or anywhere in the car and connects directly to a comms port in a Stilo helmet. The microphones are noise cancelling and the pit wall headsets include a push to talk function so the driver only hears when the pit crew are speaking to them.
During a race the two systems are connected via a normal telephone call, with each user connected by a Bluetooth connection to both the pit crew headset and the drivers helmet connection module. Connection is indicated by a light on the unit. Unlike radio systems the Verbacom can offer coverage all around a race circuit and does not require fancy signal boosters or tall radio masts to get coverage. It is fully automated and once a call is set up it will automatically re-connect, should a call be lost, with no need for driver or pit crew to do anything.
The basic system consists of the following:
- Pit Crew Headset with noise cancelling microphones
- Noise cancelling and voice activated driver connection module and cables
Three kit options are available:
- 1 x Pit Headset & 1 x Car Kit
- 2 x Pit Headset & 1 x Car Kit (This option allows the main headset to communicate directly with the car, and separately communicate with the second pit headset. The second headset cannot communicate with the car)
- 1 x Pit Headset & 2 x Car Kit (This option allows separate communication between two race cars from the one headset)